top of page
The Color of Us
Welcome to The Color of Us, a youth-led community with a mission to elevate the voices of multiracial and multicultural youth.
Our Voices. Our Stories
The Bill of Rights For
People of Mixed Heritage
I have the right to:
- Create a vocabulary to communicate about being multiracial or multi-ethnic
- Change my identity over my lifetime and more than once.
- Have loyalties and identification with more than one group of people.
- Freely choose whom I befriend and love.
... Identify myself differently:
- Than strangers expect me to identify
- Than how my parents identify me
- Than my brothers and sisters
- In different situations
... And not:
- Justify my existence in this world
- Keep the races separate within me
bottom of page